Monday 17 June 2013

Liverpool Care Pathway - You're As Young As You Are

OFFICIAL: You really are only as old as you feel. Or as young as you think...
More Life Café.


It’s never too late for Life Café!                                                                                                 

It’s never too late for Life Café! 
According to a recent study in Science Daily published by the British Psychological Society,
"Older adults who see themselves as old and frail will start to feel old and frail."

This is the conclusion of a study conducted by Krystal Warmoth and colleagues at University of Exeter Medical School, which is presented today, Thursday 11 April 2013, at the British Psychological Society (BPS) Annual Conference in Harrogate.

You really are as old as you feel


This is MSN -

105-year-old is New Zealand's oldest driver

 

 


Born in Hastings in 1908, Bob Edwards is New Zealand's oldest driver, and not only is he still motoring around at the grand old age of 105, he says he doesn't think he is old.
  • NEW
Bob Edwards received his first licence in 1925, aged 17-years-old after learning to drive in a French car that had a lever instead of a steering wheel.
Two years later, he saw a Salvation Army advertisement seeking young men to work on the farms of England's colonies. He turned down Canada and Australia in favour of New Zealand.
Edwards, who spent much of his working life driving, says he's been involved in just one crash and been issued a single speeding ticket, and still gets riled up about the apparent injustice of the ticket years later.
These days, Edwards drives about three times a week to the store which is 9 miles (15km) down the road. He picks up groceries on Sundays and the newspapers on other days.
Wife Lesley, who is 91-years-old, says she stopped driving about 30 years ago because her husband always took the wheel anyway


Frank Sinatra - You make me feel so young



y0ungandwild y0ungandwild·


Uploaded on 9 Jan 2010
1946
composed by Josef Myrow, with lyrics written by Mack Gordon
(:

You make me feel so young
You make me feel so spring has sprung
And every time I see you grin
I'm such a happy individual

The moment that you speak
I wanna go play hide-and-seek
I wanna go and bounce the moon
Just like a toy balloon

You and I, are just like a couple of tots
Running across a meadow
Picking up lots of forget-me-nots

You make me feel so young
You make me feel there are songs to be sung
Bells to be rung, and a wonderful fling to be flung

And even when I'm old and gray
I'm gonna feel the way I do today
'Cause you make me feel so young

2nd time around.....

You make me feel so young
You make me feel so spring has sprung
And every time I see you grin
I'm such a happy individual

The moment that you speak
I wanna go and play hide-and-seek
I wanna go and bounce the moon
Just like a toy balloon

You and I, are just like a couple of tots
Running across a meadow
Picking up lots of forget-me-nots

You make me feel so young
You make me feel there are songs to be sung
Bells to be rung, wonderful fling to be flung

And even when I'm old and gray
I'm gonna feel the way I do today
'Cause you, you make me feel so young
...You make me feel so young
...You make me feel so young
...Ohh you make me feel so young
  • Category

  • Licence

    Standard YouTube Licence

No comments:

Post a Comment